Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair
- Featuring a long lasting durable, low-maintenance, carbon steel frame
- 14 gauge cross braces add additional strength
- Dual axle position for the rear wheels allow the seat height to be either 17 1/2" or 19 1/2"
- Flat free urethane tires front and rear for peace of mind
- Armrests flip back for easier entry and exit
- Nylon upholstery for long term durability
- Ships manufacturer direct for free (to the lower 48 states)
- Sold individually (each)
|The Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair ships for free (including the optional accessories) to the lower 48 States. If you are in Alaska or Hawaii, please contact us during business hours so we give you a price for shipping.
Choosing the right size Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair Armrest Side Panel Options
The Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair comes in 4 seat widths. All four seat widths are 16 inches deep. To determine the appropriate seat size, measure the width of your hips while seated in a chair. Ideally you would like the width of the wheelchair seat to be a little wider than your hips to accommodate bulkier clothing such as a jacket. Keep in mind that increasing the seat width also increases the overall width of the wheelchair, so make sure to measure your doorways for clearance. The available sizes are:
- 16" wide x 16" deep seat with 24.5" overall wheelchair width
- 18" wide x 16" deep seat with 26.5" overall wheelchair width
- 20" wide x 16" deep seat with 28.5" overall wheelchair width
- 22" wide x 16" deep seat with 30.5" overall wheelchair width
The Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair is available with either a desk length or full length armrest side panel. Both armrest side panels flip back (but are not removable) for easier entry and exit. The height of each length is fixed (non-adjustable).
Special note: Full length armrest side panels are available on the 18" and 20" sizes only
- The desk length armrest side panel features an armrest pad approximately 10 inches long allowing the user to roll up to a table or desk to work or eat more comfortably without having to lean forward.
- The full length armrest side panel features an armrest pad approximately 14 inches long. A longer armrest pad may be more comfortable for some users.
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair Footrest Options
The Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair can be had with either standard footrests or elevating legrests. For most users, the choice depends on doctor advice and recommendation. Both options swing out of the way (without removing) allowing for easier entry and exit.
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair - Other Options
- Standard footrests (included) feature push button adjustable length to suit a variety of users and have a heel loop to keep the feet from sliding backwards
- Elevating legrests feature calf pads and can be elevated roughly so that the legrest itself is parallel to the ground. Legrests are a little heavier and more cumbersome and are usually chosen on the advice of a physician.
In addition to the armrest and footrest options, you can choose from the following optional accessories for your Tracer SX5® wheelchair.
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair Manual and Warranty
- Anti tippers - This safety item fits on the rear of the wheelchair and keeps the wheelchair from tilting backwards. They can be removed when not needed.
- Wheel lock extensions - these bars slip over the wheel lock handle and extend the handle 8" making it easier to grab.
You can read the owners manual and warranty here.
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair Specifications
Overall width is 24.5" to 30.5" (depending on seat width - see above)
Folded width is approx. 13.5"
Overall height is 34"
Overall depth is 31.88" (footrests removed)
Seat width is 16", 18", 20", or 22"
Seat depth is 16"
Back height is 16"
Seat to floor height is 17.5" or 19.5" (user choice)
Carbon steel frame with silver vein finish (cross braces are black)
Black metal side panel frames with black plastic clothing guards
Black nylon upholstery (armrest pads are black vinyl)
Rear wheels are "no flex" spoke composite with 24" flat free urethane tires
Front casters assemblies measure 8" and are flat free (urethane)
Weight of the wheelchair is approx 36 lbs (18" model with footrests removed)
Weight capacity is 250 lbs (for 16" and 18" seat widths)
Weight capacity is 300 lbs (for 20" nd 22" seat widths)
5 year limited warranty on the frame and cross members, 13 months on everything else - normal tire, caster, bearing, and upholstery wear not included
HCPCS code is K0003 or K0006
Invacare® Tracer SX5® Deluxe Wheelchair
Tracer SX5, Invacare SX5
TRSX56FBP, TRSX58FBP, TRSX58FBFP, TRSX50FBP, TRSX50FBFP, TRSX52FBF