26 x 1 in. (25-590) Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Wheelchair Tire
- Features Smartguard™, a puncture resistant material behind the tread designed to help prevent flats without making the ride harsh
- Made from Schwalbe's Black'n' Roll™ compound, these tires leave no unsightly black marks on indoor floors
- 2Grip™ smooth sidewalls allow the tire to glide silkily past the hands for a hand-freindly experience
- Inflates to 85-145 PSI
- Choose to add either a french valve (FV) or schrader valve (SV) inner tube when ordering and save!
- Sold individually (each). For a pair, order quantity 2
|Smartguard™ is a solid, 5 mm thick layer of highly flexible special rubber under the tread (shown in blue) which provides effective protection against pinch flats, embedded objects, even small thumbtacks. The Marathon Plus Evolution Wheelchair Tire with SmartGuard™ combines the comfort and light running of a pneumatic tire with the puncture protection of a urethane tire.
Important Size Note - Please Read Before Purchase
The sizing on this tire is stamped 25-590. If you have an existing Schwalbe tire, look at both the standard and metric sizing stamped on the side (the numbers may actually be stamped on the edge of the tread making them hard to read). If your existing Schwalbe tire (or a tire from another brand) is 25-590 mm or 26 x 1 in. 25-590, this is the correct tire. If your existing Schwalbe tire's metric number is 559 mm or 26 x 1 25-559, see 25 x 1in. (25-559) Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Wheelchair Tire.
26 x 1 in. (25-590) Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Wheelchair Tire Purchase Notes
This is a pneumatic tire and requires an inner tube. Choose to add an inner tube with a schrader valve, or with a presta (French) valve when ordering (a schrader valve is the standard bicycle / car tire type valve, and the presta valve is the long slender valve with a plunger under the cap that unscrews). It is best practice to replace the inner tube when replacing a tire since inner tubes can exhibit wear and fatigue especially at the seams with prolonged use.
If you have questions about which wheelchair or scooter tire to purchase, how to determine the correct size, or an installation question,visit our buying guide for wheelchair and scooter tires
26 x 1in. (25-590) Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Wheelchair Tire
26X1 Schwalbe Tire, 26HPS
T402, 10284248.01, SCH815