Looking for a custom configured Tracer IV? 18" width seat, height adjustable arms, nylon upholstery, lower floor to seat height, etc. are some of the options available. Contact us during business hours and speak with an expert who can help.
Choosing the right size Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair
The Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Wheelchair comes in 3 seat widths. All three seat widths are 18 inches deep. To determine the appropriate seat size, measure the width of your hips while seated in a chair. Ideally you would like the width of the wheelchair seat to be a little wider than your hips to accommodate bulkier clothing such as a jacket. Keep in mind that increasing the seat width also increases the overall width of the wheelchair, so make sure to measure your doorways for clearance. The available sizes are:
- 20" wide x 18" deep seat with 28.25" overall wheelchair width and 350 lb weight capacity
- 22" wide x 18" deep seat with 30.25" overall wheelchair width and 350 or 450 lb weight capacity*
- 24" wide x 18" deep seat with 32.25" overall wheelchair width and 350 or 450 lb weight capacity*
*The 22" and 24" wide seat models are available (optional) with an uprated weight capacity from 350 lbs to 450 lbs. The heavier weight capacity comes from heavy duty rear wheels with a pneumatic street tire with solid insert in place of the inner tube making it flat free. The front casters go from 8 x 1 1/4" to 8 x 1 3/4" on heavy duty caster rims.
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair Armrest Side Panel Options
The Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Wheelchair is available with either a desk length or full length armrest side panel. Both armrest side panels are removable making entry and exit easier. The height of each length is fixed (non-adjustable).
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair Footrest Options
- The desk length armrest side panel features an armrest pad approximately 10 inches long allowing the user to roll up to a table or desk to work or eat more comfortably without having to lean forward.
- The full length armrest side panel features an armrest pad approximately 14 inches long. A longer armrest pad may be more comfortable for some users. Please note full length armrest side panels are not available on the 450 lb model.
The Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Wheelchair can be had with either standard footrests or elevating legrests. For most users, the choice depends on doctor advice and recommendation. Both options swing out of the way (without removing) allowing for easier entry and exit.
||Standard footrests (included) feature push button adjustable length to suit a variety of users and have a heel loop to keep the feet from sliding backwards
||Elevating legrests feature calf pads and can be elevated roughly so that the legrest itself is parallel to the ground. Legrests are a little heavier and more cumbersome and are usually chosen on the advice of a physician.
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Wheelchair - Other Options
In addition to the armrest and footrest options, you can choose from the following optional accessories for your Tracer IV® wheelchair.
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair Manual and Warranty
You can read the owners manual and warranty here.
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair Specifications
- Anti tippers - This safety item fits on the rear of the wheelchair and keeps the wheelchair from tilting backwards. They can be removed when not needed.
- Wheel lock extensions - these bars slip over the wheel lock handle and extend the handle 8" making it easier to grab.
-Overall width is 28.25" to 32.25" (depending on seat width - see above)
-Folded width is approx 14"
-Overall height is 36"
-Overall depth is 33 1/2" (footrests removed)
-Seat to floor height is 17.5" or 19.5" (user choice)
-Seat width is 20", 22" or 24"
-Seat depth is 18 (all seat widths)
-Back height is 16" (measured from seat)
-Carbon steel frame with silver vein finish
-Heavy grade vinyl upholstery with inner liner in black color
-350 lb weight rating rear wheels are "no flex" spoke composite with 24" flat free tires with a pyramid shape and no tread
-450 lb weight rating rear wheels are heavy duty spoke composite with 24" flat free pneumatic tires with an all purpose street tread and solid urethane insert in place of the inner tube
-Front caster wheels are 8 x 1 1/4" (350 lb models) or 8 x 1 3/4" (450 lb models) flat free urethane
-Weight of the wheelchair is approx 42 lbs (with footrests removed)
-Weight capacity is 350 lbs (450 lbs with optional tires)
-5 year limited warranty on the frame and cross members, 13 months on everything else - normal tire, caster, bearing, and upholstery wear not included
-HCPCS code is K0007
Invacare® Tracer IV® Heavy Duty Bariatric Wheelchair
T420RDAP, T422RDAP, T424RDAP, T420RFAP, T422RFAP, T424RFAP, T4X22RFAP, T4X24RFAP